During the year 1900 The Municipal Art Society of Baltimore, composed of a number of our Citizens interested in the progress of Baltimore, proposed to donate [$]5000 for decorating a wall space in the Court House, provided City Council would appropriate the sum of [$]10,000 for a like decoration of two spaces. The result of this proposition was the passage of an Ordinance No 103 approved by the Mayor January 15[t]h, 1901, appropriating [$]10,000 "to be expended in the decoration of two wall spaces on the walls of the new Court House under the direction of the Court House Commission. This Commission Consisting of the Mayor ex officio and Messrs Henry D Harlan, Robert H Smith, Frank N Hoen, Felix Agnus, J Olney Norris[,] Ferdinand C. Latrobe and Samuel D Schmucker represented by a subcommission consisting
Permission to reproduce this item is required and may be subject to copyright, fees, and other legal restrictions. For more information, please contact: Special Collections, Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, (410) 455-2353, firstname.lastname@example.org.